M-Dante is one of a range of digital audio networking options available for dLive, GLD and iLive to enable integration with other systems, digital mic splitting, multi-track recording and system expansion. It provides 64 channels of bi-directional audio at 48kHz, and can be fitted to any dLive I/O Port when equipped with a M-DL-ADAPT interface.
It can also be fitted to the I/O Port in a GLD mixer, Port B expansion slot in iLive fixed format MixRacks (iDR-16, iDR-32, iDR-48, iDR-64) or expander (xDR-16), Port A/B in iLive modular MixRacks (iDR0, iDR10) and Port A of iLive modular surfaces if they are fitted with the new RAB-2 standard.
Dante Virtual Soundcard is software from Audinate that lets you connect up to 64 channels of iLive audio directly to your PC or Mac via its Ethernet port, ideal for multitrack recording and playback, or working with popular processing plug-ins. One Dante Virtual Soundcard licence is provided free with M-DANTE. More can be purchased from Audinate.
Dante Domain Manager is network management software that enables user authentication, role-based security and audit capabilities for Dante networks, while allowing seamless expansion of Dante systems over any network infrastructure.
To find out more about Dante visit the Audinate web site.
- 64 channel bi-directional audio plus control over CAT5
- Uses standard, off-the-shelf computer networking equipment
- Self discovery and auto-configuration of IP addresses
- Easy to add, name, remove and rearrange devices
- Wide range of Dante enabled equipment becoming available
- Secondary port for redundant network option
- Control port to bridge dLive or other network over Dante
- Sample accurate playback syncronisation
- Very low latency
- Gigabit ports
- Direct connection to computer for multitrack recording
- Dante Virtual Soundcard software replaces expensive hardware
- Dante Controller software available for setting up the network